How to make Steamed Dhokla
About Steamed Dhokla Recipe | Dhokla Recipe: A popular Gujarati snack, dhokla is one of the most loved snack across the country that is made in various ways. This dhokla recipe is a quick and easy one that is delicious as well as healthy! A recipe that is steamed and made in just 30 minutes, using besan with a colorful, chili tempering.
Ingredients in Steamed Dhokla Recipe: This dhokla recipe is made with besan, however you can also make it from Suji. A besan batter consisting of citric acid, salt and turmeric is mixed with baking powder and steamed to perfection.How to serve Steamed Dhokla Recipe
: You can serve dhokla for breakfast as well as a light snack in the evening along with a cup of tea. Best enjoyed as is however you can serve along with some green chutney.
Ingredients of Steamed Dhokla
- 1 Cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1 Tbsp Citric acid
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- To taste Salt
- A pinch of Turmeric
- To make batter Water
- 1 Tbsp Fruit salt/ baking powder (dissolved in water)
- For the Tadka:
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Dried red chilli
- 7-8 Curry leaves
How to Make Steamed Dhokla
- 1.In a bowl mix gram flour, citric acid, salt, sugar and turmeric. Add water and make it into a smooth batter with medium thick consistency.
- 2.In a glass add the fruit salt or baking powder. Add water to it and pour this into the dhokla mixture.
- 3.Grease the steaming tin with 2 drops of oil and pour the mixture into it. Steam for about 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- 4.In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Let it splutter.
- 5.Pour the tadka over the prepared dhokla.
- 6.Cut into pieces and serve.
Key Ingredients: Gram flour (besan), Citric acid, Sugar, Salt, Turmeric, Water , Fruit salt/ baking powder (dissolved in water), Oil, Mustard seeds, Dried red chilli, Curry leaves