How To Make Rice Dhokla
Recipe Servings: 5
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Rice Dhokla Recipe: The all-time favorite Gujarati snack made with rice flour, suji and mild spices, dhokla is the perfect dish to njoy with your cup of tea. Light and lovely!
Ingredients of Rice Dhokla
- 200 gms rice flour
- 30 gms suji (semolina)
- 100 ml curd
- to taste sugar
- 4 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1-2 Whole red peppers
- A pinch of asafoetida powder
- Water (as per need)
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make Rice Dhokla
- 1.Mix together the rice flour, suji, yogurt, sugar and 1 tsp oil
into a smooth paste.
- 2.Add enough water so as to make a batter of dropping
- 3.Add the lemon juice and asafoetida and leave to ferment
- 4.Keep the steamer over the stove for the water to boil.
- 5.Pour batter into prepared plates, cover and steam for 20 minutes. Remove, cool and cut into cubes.
- 6.Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, when crackling add the red pepper, when the colour darkens add 2 tbsp water, bring to a boil and pour over the dhokla cubes.
- 7.Garnish by sprinkling grated coconut and coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: rice flour, suji (semolina), curd, sugar, oil, mustard seeds, Whole red peppers, asafoetida powder, Water (as per need), salt, lemon juice