Stuffed Parwal Recipe
One of the most boring veggies made interesting. Parwal stuffed with spicy masalas, bursting with flavours to delight everyone at your dinner table.
- Total Cook Time1 hr
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings3
Ingredients of Stuffed Parwal
- 3 thick and 2" long parwal
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds - roasted
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds - roasted
- 1 tsp fennel seeds - roasted
- 1 and 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp desiccated and roasted coconut
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion - finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium potatoes - boiled and mashed
How to Make Stuffed ParwalHideShow Media
Powder together cumin, coriander, fennel and asafoetida.
Add amchur powder, kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
Mix the prepared powder with potatoes and roasted coconut, keep them aside.
Scrape lightly and wash the parwals.
Prick with a fork and slit lengthwise.
Remove the seeds and fill with masala.
Heat oil and add cumin and onions.
When onions are brown add the parwals
Cook over high heat and mix well.
Lower the heat and cook till tender.
The dish to ready to serve.