Stuffed Rice Savories Recipe
A lovely mix of boiled rice, cheese, peas and tomato sauce made into roundels and fried crisp. A snack that goes well with your evening cup of tea.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
Ingredients of Stuffed Rice Savories
- 350 gm boiled rice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 75 gm grated cheese
- 25 gm butter
- 5 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 50 gm cooked peas
- 50 gm mozzarella cheese
- 75 gm flour
- 75 gm bread crumbs oil for frying
How to Make Stuffed Rice SavoriesHideShow Media
1. Soak the peas in the tomato sauce for a few minutes. Keep aside.
2. Combine rice, grated cheese, butter and seasoning. Mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into 12 portions. Moisten hands with water and make 12 rounds.
4. Insert a teaspoon of tomato and peas mixture along with a cube of cheese in the centre of each roundel and seal.
5. Roll each rice ball first in flour, then egg and last in breadcrumbs.
6. Fry the rice balls in hot oil until golden in color. Serve hot.