How to make Sweet and Sour Sauce
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Great to pair with a variety of dishes for a subtle enhancement.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Spring Onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic, chopped
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 Capsicum
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 250 ml Chicken stock
- 2 tsp Cornflour (dissolved in a tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp Pineapple, chopped
- 3 tbsp Cucumber (grated), peeled
How to Make Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1.Heat sesame oil. Stir-fry spring onions, garlic and chilli for 1 minute.
- 2.Add capsicum and cook for 1/2 a minute. Stir in vinegar, sugar, sauces and stock.
- 3.Season and thicken with a little corn flour. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 4.Add pineapple to the sauce. Serve garnished with grated cucumber.
Key Ingredients: Sesame Oil
, Spring Onions, Garlic
, Dried Red Chilli, Capsicum
, Tomato Ketchup, Soya Sauce
, Chicken stock, Cornflour (dissolved in a tbsp water), Pineapple
, Cucumber (grated)