How to make Tibetan Chicken Broth
About Tibetan Chicken Broth Recipe: Delicious broth made from a range of condiments, seasoning, celery, carrots, radish, pak choy, cinnamon and fried momos.
Ingredients of Tibetan Chicken Broth
- 1 Kg Chicken
- 1 Litre Water (plus 1/2 litre for cooking)
- 1 inch Ginger, sliced
- 8 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 4-5 Onions
- 1/2 stalk Celery
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1/2 Radish, chopped
- 6 Pak choy stems
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns
- To taste Salt
- Few Coriander leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- Few Pak choy leaves, chopped
- Few dashes Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Malt vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Few Mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp Chilli oil
How to Make Tibetan Chicken Broth
- 1.Simmer the chicken in a vessel with water and skim off the scum that rises to the surface.
- 2.Strain, wash the pieces and keep aside.
- 3.Put the chicken in a pan with ginger, garlic, onions, celery, carrots, radish and pak choy.
- 4.Now add the cinnamon, fennel seeds, cloves, peppercorns and salt.
- 5.Add coriander and green chillies. Now add enough water to cover the ingredients by a couple of inches.
- 6.Bring to a boil and then turn the heat to the barest possible simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the chicken is coming of the bone and is wonderfully moist.
- 7.Now add a few chopped pak choy leaves, a few dashes of soy sauce, malt vinegar, sugar and juice of 1/2 a lime.
- 8.Fish out the boiled chicken from the broth and shred it.
- 9.Put the shredded chicken back into the broth
- 10.Along with this add some fried momos or dumpling to the broth.
- 11.Let it simmer for a while.
- 12.Garnish with coriander leaves, mint leaves, juice of 1/2 a lime and some chilli oil.
Key Ingredients: Chicken, Water (plus 1/2 litre for cooking), Ginger, Garlic cloves, Onions, Celery, Carrots, Radish, Pak choy stems, Cinnamon sticks, Fennel seeds, Cloves, Black peppercorns, Salt , Coriander leaves, Green chillies, Pak choy leaves, Soy sauce, Malt vinegar, Sugar, Lime (juiced), Mint leaves, Chilli oil