How to make Til-E-Paneer
Sesame and yogurt marinated paneer cubes baked in an oven. Serve with onion ringlets and chutney.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Til-E-Paneer
- Oven temp: 400 F-204 C
- 500 gm paneer (Indian cottage cheese), cut into 1 1/2
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Green chillies, chopped to taste
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds (Safed til), roasted
- Oil to brush the paneer, optional
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Onion rings, to garnish
How to Make Til-E-PaneerHideShow Media
Mix all the ingredients except the oil and garnishes and leave for 20-30 minutes at least.
Place the paneer on a drip pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10mins.
Remove from oven, dab with oil and bake again for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can grill on a griller or a barbecue pit. (The drippings should definitely have a means of escape, or else the paneer will get soggy).
Serve hot, garnished with lemon and onion rings.