A classic Italian dessert! Sponge fingers dipped in a coffee and liqueur mixture, layered with a cream cheese mixture.
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Tiramisu
- 5 eggs - separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 500 gm cream cheese
- 500 gm cream
- 24 sponge fingers or 250 gm sponge cake - cut into strips
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur - mixed with 1 cup strong coffee
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- A round glass dish about 10 inches
How to Make TiramisuHideShow Media
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar till creamy. Beat cream cheese till it gets smooth and then fold in the cream and egg mixture to mix well.
2. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into the mixture. Dip the sponge fingers/strips into the liqueur and coffee mixture and layer the bottom of the dish.
3. Put 1 of the cream mixture and layer with the rest of the sponge fingers.
4. Top with the rest of the cream mixture, smoothen to even out and leave to set for 6 hours or overnight.
5. Just before serving, dust the cocoa over it through a fine sieve.