How to make Tiranga Kalakand
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Tiranga Kalakand Recipe: Kalakand is an irresistible Indian sweet made with milk, sugar and a whole lot of nuts. This special tricolor recipe is a perfect blend with a saffron twist.
Ingredients of Tiranga Kalakand
- 300 Ml milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon phool
- 1/2 cup pistachio
- 0.5 gram saffron
- for garnishing almond flakes
How to Make Tiranga Kalakand
- 1.Make paste of pistachio separately and soak the saffron in 50ml of warm milk.
- 2.Heat the milk in a pan, let it boil. Add sugar in it to dissolve lemon phool in water and gently add in to milk. Let it boil.
- 3.When milk starts crumbling, put the flame low. Strain aboe mixture and keep aside till excess water goes away.
- 4.Divide the above mixture into three parts. Take first part of the mixture, add pistachio paste in it, add cardamom powder, mix it well. Arrange into a tray.
- 5.Take the sceond part, add cardamom powder, mix well, layered into the tray.
- 6.Take the third part, add cardamom and saffron milk to it. Mix it well, layer into the tray.
- 7.Keep the tiranga kalakand in a refrigerator to rest for about an hour. Remove and cut into pieces.
- 8.Arrange it into a plate and garnish it with pistachio, almond flakes and saffron on top.
Key Ingredients: milk, cardamom powder, sugar, lemon phool, pistachio, saffron, almond flakes