Story ProgressBack to home
Tom Yam Soup with Mushrooms Recipe
How to make Tom Yam Soup with Mushrooms
Tom Yum or Tom Yam is a spicy Thai soup. It is a type of clear hot and sour soup. This vegetarian version is made with mushrooms and Thai spices.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Tom Yam Soup with Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 lime leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, shredded thin
- 2 lemon grass, 3
- 3 cups stock (veg or non-veg)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp onions, chopped fine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 whole red chillies-broken
- 2-3 sprigs of coriander (hara dhania) for garnish
How to Make Tom Yam Soup with MushroomsHideShow Media
Place together the stock, lime leaves, lemon grass, ginger, coriander leaves and onions and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the mushrooms, salt, soya sauce, chilli paste and sugar.
When it comes to a boil, add the milk, lemon juice and chillies, bring to a boil again
Serve garnished with the coriander sprigs.