Tom Yum Soup Recipe
How to make Tom Yum Soup
Fresh prawns, broccoli, baby corn, mushrooms in chicken and prawn stock.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Tom Yum Soup
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken stock
- Prawn stock or Vegetable stock (optional)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Grass, sliced
- 1 tbsp Galangal/Thai ginger
- 4-5 pieces Fresh prawns, medium
- Broccoli and Baby corn (optional)
- 3-4 pieces Mushrooms
- 5-6 Thai Whole Chillies/bird eye
- 8-10 Kafir Lime Leaves
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- to taste Fish sauce
How to Make Tom Yum SoupHideShow Media
Take a deep pan, add the stock, lemon grass and galangal and bring it to a boil.
Then add the fresh prawns and mushrooms.
Reduce the flame and stir gently.
As the prawns start turning pink, add the Thai chillies and kafir lime leaves.
Stir again and add the lime juice and fish sauce, which gives a salty flavour.
Boil for 30 seconds and serve hot.