How to make Tom Yum Soup
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Fresh prawns, broccoli, baby corn, mushrooms in chicken and prawn stock.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Soup
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken stock
- Prawn stock or Vegetable stock (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Grass, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Galangal/Thai ginger
- 4-5 Pieces Fresh prawns, medium
- Broccoli and Baby corn (optional)
- 3-4 Pieces Mushrooms
- 5-6 Thai Whole Chillies/bird eye
- 8-10 Kafir Lime Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- To taste Fish sauce
How to Make Tom Yum Soup
- 1.Take a deep pan, add the stock, lemon grass and galangal and bring it to a boil.
- 2.Then add the fresh prawns and mushrooms.
- 3.Reduce the flame and stir gently.
- 4.As the prawns start turning pink, add the Thai chillies and kafir lime leaves.
- 5.Stir again and add the lime juice and fish sauce, which gives a salty flavour.
- 6.Boil for 30 seconds and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Chicken stock, Prawn stock or Vegetable stock (optional), Lemon Grass, Galangal/Thai ginger, Fresh prawns, Broccoli and Baby corn (optional), Mushrooms, Thai Whole Chillies/bird eye, Kafir Lime Leaves, Lime Juice, Fish sauce