How to make Tricolor Thai Fruit Jelly
About Tricolor Thai Fruit Jelly Recipe: A mouth-watering dessert to gorge on! Thai fruit jelly is a delicious, sweet and immensely refreshing jar of dessert that you can prepare at home with a few simple ingredients. Here's a fruit jelly with an Indian twist, tricolor jelly made with coconut milk mixed with orange and kiwi dices, set upon one another making for a beautiful fruit jelly to relish with family and friends.
Ingredients of Tricolor Thai Fruit Jelly
- 350 Ml coconut milk
- 2 Kafir lime leaves
- 40 gms orange dices
- 30 ml lychee juice
- coconut water (all from the shell)
- 350 ml orange juice
- A pinch of salt
- to taste sugar
- 40 gms kiwi dices
- 15 gms agar agar
How to Make Tricolor Thai Fruit Jelly
- 1.Boil coconut Milk: Place a saucepan on flame and pour coconut milk dissolved in coconut water and let it boil, add sugar, kafir lime and wait until it releases flavour, then remove from flame.
- 2.Dissolve agar agar: Place another pot or saucepan on flame and pour about 150 ml of water and add the agar agar into it. Switch flame to high mode and let it boil well, wait until dissolve. Wait patiently, it will dissolve after about 10 to 15 minutes of time.
- 3.Now make the kiwi puree and put in a boiling water as per consistency. once it starts boiling add agar agar and let it dissolve. Add litchi juice to adjust the sweetness, once the mixture is completely dissolved remove from flame and put in a glass jar for the layer to set.
- 4.Now pour one third of agar agar into hot coconut milk and stir well. Add little salt also.
- 5.Now cut the oranges and take out the chunks. add orange juice for boiling, add agar agar and let it dissolve, once done add orange segments into it.
- 6.Layer the glass jar with second layer with coconut milk and keep in the fridge for setting the layer. once done take it out and put the third layer with orange juice.
- 7.Refrigerate or let it set in room temperature, but refrigeration will help quicken the process. Use a ladle to pour the mixture and be very gentle while pouring, see that there are no air bubbles while you pour.
- 8.Try pouring equal levels to make sure it looks good. Refrigerate or set aside until it sets well.
Key Ingredients: coconut milk, Kafir lime leaves, orange dices, lychee juice, coconut water (all from the shell), orange juice, salt, sugar, kiwi dices, agar agar