How to make Vanilla Ice Cream
About Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe: The all time favorite flavor of ice cream now made at home without an ice cream maker.
Ingredients of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 Cups milk, full cream
- 1 tbsp custard powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cups cream
- for garnishing cherries or nuts
How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1.Mix the custard and sugar in half a cup of the milk.
- 2.Heat the rest of the milk and when it comes to a boil, add the custard mixture, and bring to a boil again, stirring continuously.
- 3.When it boils, lower the heat and simmer for a half a minute, shut off the heat and leave to cool.
- 4.When it reaches room temperature, mix in the cream and vanilla essence and transfer on to a container with a tight lid.
- 5.Freeze till almost set take out and whip up in a blender and place back into the freezer in the same container.
- 6.The lid should always be tightly shut, as this avoids crystals from forming.
- 7.Blend once more when almost set and place back in the freezer.
- 8.You can adjust the cooling to normal about two hours after the last blending.
- 9.Serve garnished with the cherries or nuts.
- 10.Alternatively, freeze in an ice cream machine according to instructions.
Key Ingredients: milk, custard powder, sugar, vanilla essence, cream, cherries or nuts