Having a consistent morning routine that promotes health and well-being is very beneficial. If you look around and explore, you will find a variety of healthy drinks to fill your empty stomach right at the start of the day. From jeera water to methi water, lemon water and more, you can have so many detox drinks as per your preferences. All of these healthy detox drinks will help you in a variety of ways. If you are looking for a simple and easy recipe that you can make the previous evening and then drink as soon as you get out of bed the following morning. We have something for you. Here is a perfect detox recipe that will not only flush out toxins from your body but will also aid in weight loss. It is called Cardamom Water.
How To Make Cardamom Water:
- To begin, all you need to do is crush the cardamom pod and extract the seeds.
- Pour a glass of water over the pod peel and seeds, and let it sit for the night.
- Drink in the morning.
- Instead of the pods, you could use cardamom powder as well.
Benefits Of Cardamom Water For Weight Loss
- While doing our research, we came across the most asked question - Can I drink cardamom water daily? Yes, drinking cardamom water on a daily basis helps to reduce the amount of fat stored in the body. This property of cardamom is due to its high concentration of nutrients and antioxidants.
- According to the book, 'Healing Foods' by DK Publishing, "Cardamom, a diuretic and digestive stimulant, boosts metabolism and aids in fat-burning more effectively in the body.."
- Cardamom is said to relieve bloating and indigestion. It contains a number of compounds that aid in the fight against harmful bacteria while also balancing the gut flora to restore normal function and promote sound digestion.
- It helps to activate our taste and sensory elements and thus aids digestion because of its potent aroma. This allows for the secretion of digestive enzymes, which is especially beneficial when consumed after a heavy meal. Cardamom can help with stomach issues such as indigestion, gas, and constipation.
Add this drink to your diet and let us know how it worked for you.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.