Bollywood actress Karisma Kapoor, who was also seen in a web show recently, is quite a sensation on Instagram. Her feed is one of the most fascinating ones that we have come across, and we have to agree that we are slightly partial towards the ones dedicated to food. Karisma, at 46, is one of the fittest actors of Bollywood, and stealing a few of her secrets would do no harm, right? On Tuesday, Karisma shared a picture of white tea, and the soothing beverage not only looks all things tempting but also turns out to be a treasure of health benefits.
Here are 5 reasons why you may want to grab a cup of white tea yourself:
1. White tea is not processed and is very low in caffeine.
2. Catechins present in white tea may help lower blood pressure, improve circulation. The antioxidants in white tea are also known to lower cholesterol levels, especially bad LDL cholesterol.
3. If made without sugar and other fattening ingredients, white tea is an excellent low-cal beverage. The catechins present in white tea are also known to play an instrumental role in weight management.
4. White tea may help protect skin cells from damage and ageing, due to the antioxidants present in the leaves.
5. White tea is loaded with antioxidants that help fight free radical activity that takes a toll on immunity. In other words, a hot cup of white tea may ease symptoms of cold and flu.
Would you be trying white tea soon? Do let us know in comments below.
(This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.)
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.