Recipe of Crispy Andhra Bhindi
Recipe Servings: 4
Crunchy deep fried bhindi sprinkled with roasted masala.
- 1/2 kg bhindi / lady finger / okra
- Oil - for deep frying
- 3-4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 tsp peanuts
- 4 tsp bengal gram
- 7-8 red chillies
- 10-12 garlic cloves - crushed
- 3-4 tsp grated coconut
- Salt - to taste
How to Make Crispy Andhra Bhindi
- Dry roast the jeera, dhania, peanuts, chana dal and red chillies. Keep aside to cool and then grind them together.
- Mix in the crushed garlic, coconut and salt. (This masala can be stored for six months in an air tight jar in a refrigerater.)
- Heat oil and deep fry the bhindi. Remove and sprinkle the masala over it.
- Mix well and serve hot.