Recipe of Dal Bhari Puri
Puris stuffed with a flavorsome moong dal mixture.
- 2 cups husked moong lentil
- 400 gm wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp fennel or saunf seeds
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- Cooking oil
How to Make Dal Bhari Puri
- Soak the dal for about 15 minutes in water.
- Add some salt to the flour and knead it with water to make a nice, soft dough.
- Now dry roast the coriander and saunf seeds in a pan.
- Once done coarsely grind the seeds.
- Drain the water out of the moong dal and coarsely grind it in a blender. (Do not blend it to a paste, therefore run it for a very short time)
- Add about 2 1/2 tsp of the coriander and saunf masala (that you made earlier) to the moong dal.
- Add the coriander leaves, ginger, red chilly powder and some salt to the mix.
- Mix all well.
- Heat some oil in a kadhai to cook the puris.
- While that heats up, make a small cup of the dough and fill in the moong dal mixture.
- Now roll it out in a flat round. (roll it nice and thin but make sure the stuffing doesn't come out)
- Immerse this into the oil and fry them.