Recipe of Gajar Halwa Sunehri Style
Pakistani style grated carrot and condensed milk pudding.
- 1 1/2 kg carrots
- 10 green cardamom, whole
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 500 g sugar
- 250 g desi ghee(clarified butter)
- 400 g condensed milk (option: mawa / khoya)
- 4 pieces gold vark
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g pistachios
How to Make Gajar Halwa Sunehri Style
- Grate the carrot and put it in a pot on heat, stir fry continuously till all the water is evaporated.
- Then put some green cardamom, cinnamon and sugar and cook for a while. Then add desi ghee and cook 5-7 minutes further.
- At last, finish with condensed milk (or mawa/khoya).
- Place gold vark on top for decoration.
- Present on a plate and garnish with pistachios and almonds.