Recipe of Gulkand Cupcake
Recipe Servings: 12
An easy-to-bake, eggless cupcake recipe with the aroma and flavour of the sweet rose petal preserve - gulkand. These beauties can be quickly whipped up for a festive dinner party.
- 200 gm all purpose flour or plain refined flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 gm milk powder
- 100 gm sugar
- 100 gm melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 50 gm gulkand
- For the frosting:
- 150 gm unsalted butter at room temperature
- 120 gm powdered / breakfast sugar or icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp toned milk
- 4 tsp rose water
- Fresh rose petal for garnish
How to Make Gulkand Cupcake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Sift flour, milk powder, baking powder & baking soda all together.
- In a separate bowl whisk butter & sugar until fluffy, approximately for 5 minutes.
- Fold the sifted flour mixture into the butter sugar adding a little at a time & using a whisk until well incorporated and ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix well and pour the batter into the muffin cases. Fill the cups 3/4th.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till a skewer or tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack or wooden board.
- Allow them to cool completely before frosting.
- Scoop the center of the cupcake and fill with gulkand.
For the Frosting:
- Whisk the butter until fluffy with a hand blender.
- Add rose water and sugar a little at a time and continue to whisk until it's well incorporated and it reaches piping consistency.
- Pipe on top of the muffins by filling the butter icing into a piping bag with desired nozzle.
- Garnish with a fresh rose petal on top.