Recipe Servings: 1
Scrumptious sauce made out of soya, mirin and sesame seeds poured over steamed rice topped with fried spinach and boiled vegetables.
- 1/2 cup short grain rice
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup daikons (Japanese horse radish)
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cup seaweed
- 2 shitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin (a condiment used in japanese cuisine. A type of rice wine)
- 2 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- Wash the rice and drain the cloudy water. Do this thrice then gently grind the rice against the palm of your hand.
- Let the rice stand in a colander for thirty minutes.
- Boil the rice and set aside.
- Chop the spinach thin and fry until crisp.
- Cut the Daikons lengthwise. If using dried Daikons soak in lukewarm water and squeeze.
- Boil the carrot and then grate finely.
- Soak the seaweed in lukewarm water and drain.
- Cut the mushrooms into fine strips.
- Mix Soya, Mirin and sesame seeds to make a sauce.
- Place rice in a bowl. Put spinach in a mountain over it. Then the Daikons, seaweed, mushroom and carrot.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the rice around the vegetables. Serve hot.