Recipe of Kaddu ke Pakode
Munch on these festive pakodas commonly made during Navratras. Grated pumpkin and potatoes mixed with singhara atta and fried golden.
- 1 cup singhare ka atta
- 2 tsp rock salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp green chillies - finely chopped
- 250 gm pumpkin - peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 potato-small, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp ginger - sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves - chopped
- Oil for deep - frying
How to Make Kaddu ke Pakode
- Mix together all the ingredients except the oil, and add enough water to make a thick batter with dropping consistency.
- Heat the oil, to the point when a bit of the batter dropped in, comes at once.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter in to fry. Turn once and remove from oil when firm and lightly coloured.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside till ready to serve.
- To serve, fry in hot oil until golden and crisp.