Recipe of Kaju Curry
Your favorite vegetables cooked in a luscious cashew nuts and khoya gravy. Kaju curry is a Lucknawi delight.
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup grated onions
- 15-20 cashew nuts-soaked for 1/2 hour and ground to a paste
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds-soaked 1/2 hour and ground to a paste
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp nariyal ka burada (dessicated coconut)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2-3 green chillies - slit
- 1/4 cup khoya - mashed into a paste with water
- 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables of your choice-blanched
- 1/4 cup thick cream-to garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves-for garnish
How to Make Kaju Curry
- Heat the ghee in a heavy based pan, and add the cumin.
- When the seeds splutter, add onions and saute till a light brown.
- Now add the ground paste and saute till the fat separates.
- Increase the heat, add the vegetables, and turn around to mix.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, dhania, salt and the green chillies, and stir-fry to mix well.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and the khoya, bring to a boil, and then simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: clarified butter
, cumin seeds
, cashew nuts
, poppy seeds
, desiccated coconut
, red chilli
, garam masala
, coriander seeds
, green chillies
, coriander leaves