Recipe of Khire ke Pakode
Recipe Servings: 4
Crisp and crunchy pakodas made with cucumbers dipped in a batter made of singhare ka atta. A delicacy during Navratra fasting.
- 1 cup singhare ka atta
- 2 tsp rock salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp green chillies-finely chopped
- 2 large khiras-sliced thin
- Oil for deep frying
How to Make Khire ke Pakode
- Mix all ingredients except the khiras and oil and add enough water to make a thick pouring consistency.
- Heat oil, till a drop of mixture put in, comes up at once.
- Dip the khira slices into the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Turn once and remove from oil.
- Drain on an absorbent paper, keep aside till ready to serve.
- To serve, fry in hot oil until golden and crisp.