Recipe of Lentil and Charred Broccoli Chaat
Recipe Servings: 4
Roasted/charred broccoli is tossed in with lentil, beans, potatoes and methi sprouts, sprinkled with a delicious mix of dressing.
- 1 cup masoor dal (cooked)
- 30-40 gm black beans (cooked)
- 8 broccoli florets
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 a sweet lime/mosambi cut into segments
- 100 gm papaya diced
- 2-3 new potatoes (cooked)
- 1 cup methi sprouts
For the Chaat Dressing:
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp amchur (raw mango) powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 20 ml honey
- 30-35 gm chopped onions
How to Make Lentil and Charred Broccoli Chaat
- Cut and trim broccoli florets.
- Season with salt, pepper and olive oil and put on a grill until charred.
- Alternately you could even roast in the oven for 15 minutes or so.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together to mix well.
- Add all the ingredients for the chaat in a bowl.
- Pour in the dressing and toss together.
- Add some methi sprouts and the charred broccoli and serve.
Key Ingredients: whole brown lentils
, black beans
, olive oil
, balsamic vinegar
, raw mango powder