Recipe of Moong Dal Halwa
Recipe Servings: 4
Halwa made from moong dal and flavored with cardamom and almonds. Its a perfect winter dessert.
- 1/2 cup husked green lentil (dhuli moong ki dal) - soaked in water 5-6 hours
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar - mixed with milk and water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp powdered chhoti elaichi
- 2 Tbsp slivered and roasted almonds
How to Make Moong Dal Halwa
- Wash dal and grind coarsely, in a food processor or a grinding stone.
- Heat the milk mixture to dissolve the sugar, bring to a boil and keep hot till needed.
- In a heavy kadahi, mix ghee and dal, and stir fry over low heat till fried well.
- Add milk mixture to the fried dal and stir well to mix together.
- Cook over low heat till the liquid is absorbed, and once again stir-fry till the fat separates.
- Mix in the cardamom powder and half the almonds.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, decorate the Moong Dal Halwa with the rest of the almonds and serve hot.