The sweet yet savoury flavour of the raita gives an unexpected twist to the main course.
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 2 tsp roasted and powdered cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp powdered red pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- Beat the yogurt till smooth.
- Add the salt, black pepper, 1 tsp of the cumin seed powder, 1 tbsp coriander leaves and mix well.
- Squeeze out the pineapple, in case there is excess liquid and add to the yogurt mixture.
- Transfer on to a serving bowl and garnish with the rest of the cumin powder, red pepper and coriander leaves, and serve chilled.