Recipe Servings: 4
Italian Risotto made the healthy way with quinoa. It is a grain-like crop which is gluten-free, rich in fiber and full of protein.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- A handful of porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1.5 cup home-made chicken stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Rinse the quinoa in water a few times.
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in warm water for half and hour.
- Take olive oil in a pan, saute the onion and the garlic together. Do this on a low flame and don't brown the garlic.
- When the onions look glossy, bung in the mushrooms, and add a cup of wine.
- Let the quinoa soak it all up.
- Add salt.
- Then take a couple of ladles of chicken stock to the quinoa. When it disappears, add some more, till you see the quinoa white and shiny, and cooked.
- While it's hot, lavish some freshly ground black pepper.
- Finally toss some grated parmesan cheese, give it a stir and serve hot.