Recipe of Tomato Chicken Curry
Recipe Servings: 6
Curried chicken in a smooth gravy of tomatoes and spices from the famous dhaba in Connaught Place, Delhi.
- 1 chicken - skinned and jointed
- 2 Tbsp oil/ butter
- 2 ground onions
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri mirch
- 1.5 Tbsp roasted, ground fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 3 large tomatoes - skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves
- 2 large cardamoms
- 350 ml water/ stock
How to Make Tomato Chicken Curry
- Fry the chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes to seal. Remove from pan.
- In the same oil, saute onions until golden brown in color.
- Add the chilli powder, fennel seeds and ginger powder.
- Stir well and season with salt.
- Add tomatoes to the pan.
- Stir in cloves and cardamoms.
- Cook for 5 minutes before adding water/ stock.
- Bring to a boil. Return chicken to the pan and simmer over a gentle flame until tender. Strain the juices and serve with the chicken.