Recipe of Whole Wheat Cake
Recipe Servings: 6
A cake made with whole wheat flour / atta and jaggery to make it healthier with the crunch of walnuts.
- For 7inches - 8 inches round cake tin: Oven temp: 350 F- 180 C
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup jaggery or Gur ki shakkar (lal shakkar)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1/2 cup walnuts-chopped and dusted with flour
How to Make Whole Wheat Cake
- Place the flour, jaggery, baking powder, oil and eggs in a bowl and beat well.
- Add the water and almond essence. Beat till smooth. Mix in the walnuts.
- Place the mixture into the tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes or till a knife pierced in comes out clean.