We scoured the Instagram universe and found 10 food Instagram accounts across India guaranteed to make your stomach rumble (besides ours, of course! Follow @ndtvfood).Why we love Instagram? It’s simple. Instagram is a platform for amateurs as well as pros who capture food differently, and make you ridiculously hungry. Admit it: You’re 100% guilty of clicking your Sunday brunch this weekend, swiping from one filter to the next, solely for the purpose of Instagram. Truth be told - you’re not the only one. Instagram makes a food photographer out of everyone! Apparently, over 150 million images have been hash tagged ‘food’ on the social platform all thanks to the explosion of mobile photography over the past few years. After all, food is one domain that deserves its own glory. Being a universally shared interest, it encourages individuals across all age groups to share their passion for all things yummy and connect with fellow food lovers, creating a massive community altogether. A community that is redefining and revolutionising the love for food, making it even more appetizing through the power of the lens. We now function in the order of click > post > eat. And when we’re not sharing cooking tips from the NDTV headquarters, we’re checking out our favorite food accounts.
Here are our top 10 which use Instagram as their canvas and contribute to the growth of the overall community. Trust us, these food Instagram accounts will bring the best parts of India into your feed, showcasing the most decadent desserts and sinful treats you’ll ever see. Warning: These drool-worthy accounts will fill your feed with magic! Scroll at your own risk.1. @shivesh17Why it’s worth a follow: This 19-year-old’s creations will leave you speechless (and running to the kitchen). The first time we stumbled upon his account, we were in awe of his vanilla poppy seed cake, meringue frostings, apple galettes and more. A self-taught baker who works wonders in the kitchen; simply creating, styling and capturing the most beautiful desserts. A quality treat for the eyes.
2. @thewhiteramekinsWhy it’s worth a follow: Computer programmer by day and superstar food blogger and photographer by night, Himanshu Taneja’s brilliant snaps are sure to tantalize your tastebuds. He offers gut-wrenching shots of Laal Maas, Bundt Cake, Shakshuka and a whole lot more.
3. @sugarnspicebyradhikaWhy it’s worth a follow: From Salted Caramel Stuffed Cookies and Granola Bars to a Nutella Cheesecake and Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie, Radhika Malhotra will bake her way right into your heart. Get ready for gooey chocolate, a whole lot of peanut butter and a sneak peek of some of the best restaurants in India, especially the Capital city.
4. @thoughtsoverchaiWhy it’s worth a follow: A tea addict who loves cooking, exploring and tags you along for her truly gastronomical journey from Mumbai to Dubai and back. You’re in for a treat foodies, as she cooks up Sloppy Joes, Banana Oats Blueberry Bread and mouth-watering Murg Massalam! (umm, yum)
5. @foodfashionpartyWhy it’s worth a follow: Right from breakfast inspiration to quick and easy ideas for entertaining to gorgeous desserts to boozy concoctions for cocktail hour, Asha Shiv has got you covered.
6. @chefsanjanaWhy it’s worth a follow: We love Chef Sanjana’s behind the scenese videos featuring macaron madness, chocolate decadence and eclairs in the making at La Folie. Watch the magic maker in action!
7. @whiskaffairWhy it’s worth a follow: This Bangalore-based food and lifestyle blogger’s Instagram account is 50% food, 50% travel and 100% beautiful. Picture-perfect lighting, scrumptious food + coolers and a sweet, playful attitude.
8. @funfoodandfrolicWhy it’s worth a follow: Watch out for Hina Gujral’s scrumptious Rice Phirni served in mitti ke kulhad, Punjabi Kadhi Pakora, Dal Vada, Pahidi Style Vrat ki Panjiri and all things desi. You won’t be disappointed, we promise.
9. @saffrontrailWhy it’s worth a follow: If you’re all about avocado and fresh food, this account is the one for you. A nutrition expert cum food blogger who cheats on her love for salads with Gajar ka Halwa from time to time.
10. @shwetainthekitchenWhy it’s worth a follow: A food enthusiast and home chef who cooks up a storm in the kitchen no matter which cuisine she picks, ranging from Italian pastas to Indian curries. Go on: Bust out your smartphones and start gawking!
For the latest food news, health tips and recipes, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and YouTube.