If there's one food that has a universal fan following, then it surely is a hearty sandwich. Sandwich is loved by one and all. It is uncomplicated, easy to make and has a pool of variations in the recipe. If you notice, you will find no strict recipe for making sandwiches. You can literally throw in anything and everything between two slices of bread and indulge. In fact, the dish finds variations, unique to each part of the country. For instance, in India, you will find sandwiches made with leftover sabzis at home. Then we also make a boiled aloo sandwich, flavoured with desi spices. There's a Bombay sandwich as well, prepared with dhania chutney, chaat masala et al. Options are many, leaving you spoilt for choices.
We recently came across another such sandwich option that will instantly tug at heartstrings. And guess what it is made with?! Let us spill the beans for you. It's the popular butter chicken! You heard us. All you need to do is, spread the butter chicken in between two bread slices, toast it and indulge. The best part is, you can use the leftover butter chicken from your last meal to prepare this dish. This dish is easy to make and can help you prepare a yummy sandwich in just no time. Here, we help you prepare the dish from the very scratch. Let's take a look.
How To Make Butter Chicken Sandwich - Step-By-Step Sandwich Recipe:
- Start by adding salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste to the chicken pieces. Marinate it well and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Fry the chicken pieces until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Now, add butter to a pan. To it, add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala, and mix well.
- Add cream, mix everything together and let it simmer for some time.
- Finally, add kasuri methi and chicken pieces and cook for five minutes.
- Take the butter chicken in a bowl and add mayonnaise to it. Mix everything well.
- Spread the butter chicken on one slice of bread and cover with the other.
- Toast the bread and relish!
Watch the recipe video in the header section.
For more such butter chicken-based recipes, click here.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.