Age is certainly not a barrier when it comes to this superstar! Hrithik may have been blessed with Greek genes, but he has to, like us, work on his body to keep it in best shape. So, when he's not preparing for a role, he trains with Kris Genthin, a world-renowned fitness icon. In fact, when Hrithik was bedridden due to back injuries in 2012, before Krish II, he was smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day, had piled on a ton of weight and his waistline had expanded to 37 inches. He then decided to train seriously hard with Kris, and lost 10.5 kilos in 10 weeks instead of 12 (with a slip disc, that too).
This year GET CURIOUS! Find out what happens if u DO do all d things u were too afraid or lazy to do! Dont u wonder what's on d other side?
- Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) January 1, 2016
And that's exactly what he's been up to. Pushing boundaries, taking risks and rediscovering himself. He recently ventured into the world of entrepreneurship with his brand of fitness apparel and accessories called HRX in 2013. Later this year, HRX will be launched in physical retail stores.
5 Things You Didn't Know About Hrithik Roshan
1. His DanceAt the age of 21, Hrithik Roshan was diagnosed with scoliosis and the doctors told him that he would never be able to dance again. But Hrithik didn't lose hope and his determination proved them wrong.
2. What's His Stress-buster?He uses workouts as a weapon to eliminate stress from his life, and loves to wake up every morning feeling healthy.
3. He loves to eat ____
Hrithik has a weakness for brownies, peanut butter and nachos, and can eat two pizzas at a time all by himself. And like all mama's boys, he calls his mother, Pinky Roshan, the best cook in the world!
4. How He Like to CelebrateHrithik usually celebrates his birthday quietly with family, but this year he planned to let his hair down and bring in his birthday in style. He partied at the rooftop of a watering hole in Worli with 200 people last night, and being the perfectionist that he is - he looked into every detail, from the menu to the decor.
5. He's a FoodieThat he's a foodie comes as a surprise. The fact that Hrithik Roshan can't resist chocolates, desserts et al and binges at least once a week, comes as a relief for us lesser mortals.A very happy birthday to Hrithik Roshan! May he continue to dances his way into our hearts.