Are you on a keto diet right now? If yes, then you surely are restricting yourself from indulging in many of your favourite foods. The basic crux of keto diet is to give up on carbs and load on healthy fats to make up for the lost energy. The restriction of carbs subsequently lead to giving up on many dishes we usually love eating. However, you can always tweak the recipes and make them keto-friendly. Like this, you can keep eating your favourite food, without giving up on diet. Loved the idea, right?
We found our favourite sol kadhi recipe, which with some modifications, can serve as a perfect dish for every dieter. It is so delicious that even non-dieters will fall for it. Sol kadhi is basically a Konkani dish made with kokum and is usually relished during the summers. This dish is not only refreshing, but also comes with a range of health benefits. To know more about sol kadhi, click here.
In this particular recipe, we have used coconut milk that makes it perfect for vegans too. Besides, instead of millet or any other grains, this recipe uses chia seed to bring the texture. You can also call this dish salty porridge. This recipe has been shared by food vlogger Jyoti Dalmia on her YouTube channel 'Magic in my Food.' Let's take a look at the recipe.
How To Make Keto-Friendly Sol Kadhi | Keto-Friendly Sol Kadhi Recipe:
- Soak the kokum in water and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Grate the cucumber in a bowl and add grated ginger, salt, coconut milk, chia seeds and water. Now give everything a mix and cover. Keep in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, heat oil/ghee in a pan and add peanuts to it and fry.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, hing and whole red chilli. Let it temper.
- Take the bowl of chia-milk mix and add kokum water to it. Just strain the water in the bowl and mix everything.
- Finally add the tadka and voila! Your keto sol kadhi is ready.
Watch The Complete Recipe Video Of Keto-Friendly Sol Kadhi Here:
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.