Tea is one of the most loved and consumed beverages across the world. Usually, people wake up in the morning and the first thing they have is their steaming cup of tea. As tea has the capacity to make a person happy and refresh the mood instantly, the brew has to be of the highest quality. However, if you are bored with your regular milk tea, chef Sanjeev Kapoor has shared a unique recipe of warm apricot tea, that comes with a melange of unique flavours. In the caption, he stated, “A unique tea with exquisite flavours of sweetness and tanginess that charm your palette with every sip.”
(Also read: Kashmiri Noon Chai, Mulethi Chai And More: 5 Chai Recipes That Will Elevate Your Chai Experience)
Here's what's needed to make the apricot tea:
1) Golden apricots – 8 to 10
2) Tea bags – 2
3) Brown sugar – 4 to 6 tablespoons
4) Green cardamoms – 4
5) Cinnamon stick – 2 inches
6) Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
7) Cookies for serving
How to make warm apricot tea?
1) The first step includes roughly chopping apricots. After this, take a non-stick pan and heat it. Add the chopped apricots, brown sugar and four cups water and mix it very well.
2) Once the mixture comes to a boil, break open the green cardamoms and add them into the pan. Add cinnamon and cook on medium heat for about six to eight minutes or at least till you see the apricots turning soft.
3) Finally, it's time to discard the green cardamoms and cinnamon. And you can do this by straining the mixture through a fine sieve.
4) Put the cooked apricots in a blender jar and grind them into a fine paste. Dip the tea bag and you have to give it some time until the flavours infuse. You can let the tea bag dip for about a minute.
5) Add a spoon of ground mixture in four different cups and pour the tea mixture into it. And your apricot tea is ready. If you want, you can garnish it with mint springs.
Take a look at the post here:
(Also read: Make Tandoori Chai At Home In Just 3 Easy Steps)
Tea beats any other morning drink. And if you are looking for the perfect way to get out of bed in the morning, there's no better way to do it than a cup of a good brew.