Even if you are not into dieting, you may have heard enough about the Ketogenic Diet. Yes, the same diet that your favourite celebrities cannot stop gushing about. The same 'controversial' diet that encourages you to eat more fat! The logic behind this diet is quite simple. If you limit your carbohydrates, your body won't have enough carbs to burn energy, as a result of which it will start burning fats for energy. This state is known as the ketosis. The ketogenic diet may sound appealing, but it may not suit everybody. You must consult an expert before going full keto. You would have to mindfully revamp your diet with keto-friendly recipes. Keto recipes are nothing but our regular recipes with a ketogenic spin.
Since summer is upon us, most of us are on a constant quest of something cool and refreshing, something like a chilled glass of mojito. Mojito is a cool, fizzy drink made with a lot of mint leaves and lemon zest. It is one of the most popular summer coolers and guess what, it can also be prepared the keto way!
In this recipe, food vlogger Jyoti Dalmia tells us how to make keto chocolate mojito in a matter of five minutes.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Mojito | Keto Chocolate Mojito Recipe:
1. In hot water, add unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia (any natural sweetener other than sugar). Give it a good mix.
2. Take fresh mint leaves in a bowl, lemon wedges, lemon juice.
3. Add chocolate syrup to the bowl. Muddle it in such a way that mint imparts its fresh flavour. Do not muddle the wedges so much, or else your mojito may turn a little bitter.
4. Take a jar, fill 3/4th of it with ice. Pour the muddled syrup into the glass jar.
5. Add sparkling water or soda. Your mojito is ready.
6. Garnish with fresh sprigs of mint.
Sounds like a cakewalk, doesn't it?! What are you waiting for? Watch the recipe video of Keto Chocolate Mojito here:
Do try this keto dessert recipe and let us know how you liked it in the comments section below.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.