The menu (just for some inspiration) for the party was as follows :Soups
Chicken Corn Soup with Bread Sticks which had nails on them (almonds actually)Mains
Corn and Bean Salad
Pizza with olives
Fish Fingers Dessert
Pumpkin Shaped Chocolate Cake
The reason I am sharing this menu is that it took me three days to decide and prepare gluten-free dishes from scratch that can please these picky eaters. Everything from all the pizza bases and sauces to quiche bases were made at home. Gluten Free food seems like a challenge but actually India it becomes easier to manage as we have such a huge variety of grains and flours available. The only problem is that there is very less awareness.
1/2 cup potato starch
2 tsp baking Powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coffee extract
1 1/2 cup Zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree C. Prepare a loaf tin.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients and whisk them together. Keep aside.
3. Beat the sugars, eggs, vanilla, coffee, oil and eggs till thick and smooth. This is the wet mixture.
4. Now, add all the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in 3 batches till nicely incorporated.
5. Fold the in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
6. Add to the buttered tin and bake for 55 minutes until the tester comes clean.Have a happy and healthy Halloween!
About the Author:Aarti Sarin Jain is an avid baker and runs an exclusive gluten-free test kitchen. She discovered the joys of a gluten-free living after her elder kid was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. She often experiments with new forms and varieties of gluten-free food without compromising either on taste or quality. You can read more on her blog, www.bakingfrommyheart.com.Disclaimer:The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.