But if you don't have the time to bake your own, you could also buy one
Here's where to get the best plum cakes this season across India
Christmas is a festival that commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ. It is the time for celebration, but what makes this time of the year even more special is the memories associated with it - of family get togethers and feasting, joining the choir and singing Christmas jingles like Joy to the World, Santa visiting the kids and showering them with gifts and sweet treats, there's just so many reasons to be merry! On a personal note, I love this festival for all those sinful treats I get to munch on. Plum cakes being a favourite.
The Christmas plum cake is a decadent treat loaded with dry fruits and nuts and aromatic spices. The dry fruits are soaked in alcohol for almost a month before adding them to the cake batter right before the festival. In fact, many cafes and hotels hold cake mixing ceremony in November, a month before Christmas, in preparation of the Christmas plum cake. If you don't have the time to make it at home, there are many places across the country that sell plum cakes and puddings, and are delicious to the last bit.
Whether you want one to adorn your dinner table on Christmas eve or would like to give them as gifts, we bring to you a list of where you can get your plum cake in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai.
1. Elma’s bakery: Cost: Rs. 850 for 1/2 kg and 1500 for 1kg (plus taxes) Address: 31, 2nd Floor, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi
2. Sweet Obsession: Cost: Rs. 800 for 1kg and 450 for ½ kg (including taxes) Address: D-142, Shopping Mall, Arjun Marg, DLF Phase 1, Gurgaon
3. The Bombakery: Cost: Rs. 600 for ½ kg and 1200 for 1 kg (including taxes) Address: 1st Floor, Shiva Market, Near Vakil Market, Chakkarpur, DLF Phase 4, Gurgaon
4. Jaya’s Cakewalk: Cost: Rs. 800 for ½ kg and 1600for 1kg ( plus taxes) Address: Opposite PM House, Race Course, New Delhi
5. Wengers: Cost: Rs. 430 for ½ kg and 860 for 1kg (including taxes) Address: A-16, Connaught Place, New Delhi
6. Foodaholics by Kishi Arora: Cost: Rs. 3500 for 1 kg (including taxes) Address: online order on WhatsApp (09873164293) or visit site www.foodaholics.in.
Where to Buy Plum Cakes in Mumbai:
1. The Boston Cupcakery: Cost: Rs. 750 for ½ kg and 1500 for 1kg (including taxes) Address: Shop SF 29A, 2nd Floor, Food court, Viviana Mall, Majiwada, Thane West.
2. Yazdani Bakery: Cost: Rs. 300 for 450gm and 600 for 1 kg (including taxes) Address: Fountain Akbar Ally, Saint Thomas Cathedral, Fort, Mumbai.
3. American Express Bakery: Cost: Rs. 740 for 1kg (including taxes) Address: AEB House, 66A, Mirza Galib Marg, Byculla, Mumbai.
4. Soda Bottle Opener Wala's: Cost: Rs. 500 for 250gm and 950 for 500gm(including taxes) Address: Ground Floor, The Capital Building, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai and Viviana Mall, Eastern Express Highway, Near Jupiter Hospital, Majiwada, Thane West. Also available in SBOWs across the country.
5. Candies: Cost: Rs.200 per bar (plus taxes) Address:Union Park, Pali Hill, Bandra West.
2. Butter Side Up: Cost: Rs. 470 for ½ kg and 950 for 1kg (including taxes) Address: HMR Complex, Lane Opposite Bangalore Central Mall, Kaikondrahalli, Bellandur, Bangalore. Where to Get plum Cakes in Chennai: