Midnight craving is a problem that most of us undergo. These odd-time cravings lead to overeating at night, followed up by several health issues. This habit is termed as night-time eating syndrome. In a related study that was published in JAMA in 1999, the researchers found that people with this syndrome consumes more than 50 percent of their daily calories between 8pm to 6am. Hence, it is very important to keep a check and control their cravings during these odd hours.
Here Are Seven Things That You Can Do To Stop Overeating At Night:
- The first and foremost thing one needs to remember is, it takes 28 days to get rid of any habit; so one should be persistent enough to stick to the tips.
- One must consume a balanced dinner that has good amounts of protein, vegetables and whole grains. This will help one to stay fuller for longer period of time.
- You can try having Greek yogurt during late afternoon as it helps in decreasing hunger.
- Brush your teeth right after dinner. This will help you to trick your mind into not feeling hungry.
- Have freezing grapes and raspberries. They are healthy and make great snacks and also take some time to finish.
- Get all the junk foods out of your kitchen so that you can't easily grab them to satisfy the midnight cravings.
- A glass of iced water with lemon or a hot cup of tea also works well in bidding adieu to the cravings.
Try these tricks at home and let us know which one worked better for you!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.