How to make Kerala-Style Avial
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
A comforting curry which is a fresh mix of Southern veggies like raw banana, ash gourd, drumsticks, yam and coconut.
Ingredients of Kerala-Style Avial
- 50 Gram Raw bananas
- 50 Gram Drumsticks
- 50 Gram Ash gourd
- 50 Gram Yam
- 50 Gram Pumpkin
- 50 Gram Beans
- 400 Ml Yoghurt
- To taste Salt
- For Paste:
- 200 Gram Coconut
- 25 Gram Green chillies
- 10 Gram Cumin seeds
- 50 Ml Coconut oil
- 5 Gram Curry leaves
How to Make Kerala-Style Avial
- 1.Add sufficient water and grind the coconut, chillies and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- 2.Add the whipped yoghurt to the paste and mix well.
- 3.Cut all the vegetables into batons, 3 inches* 1 inch in size.
- 4.Heat 300 ml of water and add the vegetables. When the vegetables are half cooked
- 5.Add the paste and the curry leaves.
- 6.Mix and bring it to a boil. When the vegetables are completely cooked
- 7.Drizzle with coconut oil and serve hot.
Raw bananas, Drumsticks, Ash gourd, Yam
, Beans, Yoghurt, Salt
, Green chillies, Cumin seeds, Coconut oil, Curry leaves