How To Make Baked Karanji
Baked Karanji Recipe: Whole wheat and semolina dough parcels stuffed with almonds and raisins. Baked and dipped in honey, simply irresistible! Try this yummy gujiya recipe this Holi season!
Ingredients of Baked Karanji (Gujiya)
- 2 Cups semolina
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp white butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds (crushed)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp soda bi carbonate
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup honey
How to Make Baked Karanji (Gujiya)
- For the Filling:
- 1.Heat 1 tsp white butter in a pan. After the butter melts, add 1/2 cup semolina along with cardamom powder and saute the mixture in regular intervals.
- 2.Once the raw smell of semolina is gone, add brown sugar, crushed almonds, and raisins. Mix well and take it off the heat. Keep it aside.
- For the Dough:
- 1.Place the remaining semolina in a large bowl and add some onions seeds, salt and soda. Mix well.
- 2.Now add milk and let it soak until the semolina dissolves and turns soft.
- 3.When the above process is done, add in the wheat flour and make a dough (add milk if required). Keep the dough aside for 1 hour.
- 4.After an hour, take some dough required to make 4-inch pooris and roll it using the rolling pin
- 5.Add about 1 Tbsp of the filling on one side of the poori and seal by folding both the edges to make a half moon-shaped structure. You can use a little water while sealing the edges.
- 6.Twist the edges to form a design pattern and repeat the procedure with the remaining dough.
- 7.Now bake the karanjis in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- 8.Let it cool. Dip in honey and serve.
Key Ingredients: semolina, cardamom powder, white butter, raisins, almonds (crushed), brown sugar, soda bi carbonate, salt , onion seeds, milk, wheat flour, honey