How To Make Baked Karanji
Baked Karanji Recipe: Whole wheat and semolina dough parcels stuffed with almonds and raisins. Baked and dipped in honey.
Ingredients of Baked Karanji (Gujiya)
- 2 Cups semolina
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp white butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds (crushed)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp soda bi carbonate
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup honey
How to Make Baked Karanji (Gujiya)
- For the Filling:
- 1.Heat 1 tsp white butter in a pan. After the butter melts, add 1/2 cup semolina along with cardamom powder and saute the mixture in regular intervals.
- 2.Once the raw smell of semolina is gone, add brown sugar, crushed almonds, and raisins. Mix well and take it off the heat. Keep it aside.
- For the Dough:
- 1.Place the remaining semolina in a large bowl and add some onions seeds, salt and soda. Mix well.
- 2.Now add milk and let it soak until the semolina dissolves and turns soft.
- 3.When the above process is done, add in the wheat flour and make a dough (add milk if required). Keep the dough aside for 1 hour.
- 4.After an hour, take some dough required to make 4-inch pooris and roll it using the rolling pin
- 5.Add about 1 Tbsp of the filling on one side of the poori and seal by folding both the edges to make a half moon-shaped structure. You can use a little water while sealing the edges.
- 6.Twist the edges to form a design pattern and repeat the procedure with the remaining dough.
- 7.Now bake the karanjis in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- 8.Let it cool. Dip in honey and serve.
Key Ingredients: semolina, cardamom powder, white butter, raisins, almonds (crushed), brown sugar, soda bi carbonate, salt , onion seeds, milk, wheat flour, honey