How to make Beetroot and Coconut Soup
Recipe Servings: 1
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Beetroot and Coconut Soup Recipe: A great blend of delicate flavors of beetroot, coconut milk and lime.
Ingredients of Beetroot and Coconut Soup
- 2 Small Onions, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Minced ginger
- 1 Green chilli, grated
- 1 Lemongrass, chopped
- 5-6 Lime leaves
- 1 Beetroot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Rice vinegar/ white vinegar/ white wine
- 250 Ml Vegetable stock
- To season Salt and pepper
- 200 Ml Tetra pack of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Cream
How to Make Beetroot and Coconut Soup
- Heat some olive oil in a pot and add the sliced onions, carrots and minced ginger. Stir.
- 1.Add the green chillies, lemongrass and lime leaves. Mix well.
- 2.Add chopped beetroot and mix all the ingredients
- 3.Add a splash of rice vinegar.
- 4.After giving it a quick stir, add the stock. Adjust
the stock according to your vegetables.
- 5.Now add some salt and pepper and pour in the
coconut milk and stir.
- 6.Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 7.Put it in a blender and blend. Add some cream and fresh herbs to garnish.
- 8.Best served chilled.
You can buy stock cubes from departmental stores or make stock at home too. You can add more veggies also if you wish to.
Key Ingredients: Onions, Olive oil, Carrot, Minced ginger, Green chilli, Lemongrass, Lime leaves, Beetroot, Rice vinegar/ white vinegar/ white wine, Vegetable stock, Salt and pepper, Tetra pack of coconut milk, Cream