How to make Chapati
Recipe Servings: 10
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
The classic accompaniment in to Indian dishes, chapattis are served steaming hot.
Ingredients of Chapati
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (atta)
- 1 Cup Water
- For rolling in Tawa Some dry flour
How to Make Chapati
- 1.Knead flour and enough water into a smooth and soft dough (enough to press a finger into it without much pressure).
- 2.Flatten, make impressions with your finger tips, and sprinkle some water. Let it rest, thus, for about 30 minutes, at least.
- 3.Knead a little again, roll pieces of dough into smooth balls, flatten and roll into rounds about 1/8" thick (will take some practice).
- 4.Place the tawa over the fire, and heat over high heat till a drop of water thrown over it, evaporates immediately with a sizzling sound.
- 5.Place a chapatti over the tawa and as soon as the edges start rising lift it with a pair of and place over a direct flame, with the uncooked side down. It will puff up immediately.
- 6.Flip it over to cook the other side a little more and your chapatti is ready.
Key Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour (atta), Water, Some dry flour