Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Ragi Roti Ragi roti is another delicious recipe and healthy too. This Indian bread made with ragi flour, carrots and mild spices. You can serve ragi roti with chutney, dahi or pickle.
Ingredients of Ragi Roti
- 3 cups ragi flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 10 curry leaves, finely chopped
- A small bunch of cilantro/coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to Make Ragi Roti
- 1.Mix all the ingredients except water.
- 2.Sprinkle water and mix the flour.
- 3.Keep adding water until you get a consistency to make it to balls.
- 4.Please note it will not be like chapati dough. (I usually make it to balls using only one hand.)
- 5.Take a clean square-shaped cotton cloth. You can take a new washed handkerchief and keep it for this purpose.
water in a bowl to immerse the cloth. Dip the cloth in water, then squeeze the water out and spread it on a flat platform.
- 7.Then put the ragi flour ball on the center, and pat it with palm to make a circle shape.
- 8.You can keep dipping your hand
in water if you feel flour is sticking to your hand. Do it slowly.
- 9.Once you feel you got the required shape and thickness,
- 10.Keep the Pan or Tava on stove.
- 11.Once it is hot, bring the heat to medium.
- 12.Now lift the cotton cloth by holding the two
corners on one side.
- 13.The roti should be facing you, now put the cloth on the tava so that roti is on Tava, and cloth is
- 14.Remove the cloth slowly, so that roti sticks to the tava.
- 15.Put little oil around the roti, and close the lid.
- 16.Increase the heat.
- 17.Remove the lid, turn the roti to other side. Cook for one
or two minutes.
- 18.You can see it changes color and know it's cooked.
- 19.Then remove from heat and serve it.
Key Ingredients: 3 cups ragi flour, 1 onion, finely chopped, 1 carrot, grated, 10 curry leaves, finely chopped, A small bunch of cilantro/coriander, finely chopped, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp salt