Cheese Biscuits Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Crunchy biscuits with the goodness of molten cheddar cheese; these delectable cheesy biscuits are a good accompaniment of tea. The guests at your tea party are sure to be impressed!!
Ingredients of Cheese Biscuits
- Oven Temp: 425° F
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
How to Make Cheese Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425 D.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cheese and milk.
- Mix with a fork until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead 5 - 6 times.
- Roll the dough out to a 1 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until they are a light brown.
- Optional: Brush the tops of the biscuits with 2 T. melted butter after removing form the oven.