How to make Chemmeen Moru Curry
About Chemmeen Moru Curry Recipe: A hot and spicy, thick fish curry that you can easily prepare at home. Fish pieces simmered in a host of spices along with curd. Chemmeen moru curry is just the right dish to prepare for a dinner party and relish with friends and family.
Ingredients of Chemmeen Moru Curry
- 1 Kg fish (mackerel)
- 3/4 cup curd
- 5 onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- curry leaves
- To grind:
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A small piece of ginger
- To temper:
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Curry leaves
How to Make Chemmeen Moru Curry
- 1.Grind the ingredients listed to a smooth paste.
- 2.In a pan, add chopped small onion, green chilli and curry leaves. Add little water and salt.
- 3.Cover and cook in medium flame till the onion becomes soft and transparent.
- 4.Add the prepared paste. Mix everything well.
- 5.Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water. Cover and let it boil.
- 6.Now add the fish pieces. Simmer the flame and cook till the fish pieces are cooked well and gravy is thick enough. Finally, add curd. Mix very carefully
- 7.Switch off the flame before the gravy starts to boil.
- 8.Now in another pan, heat 1 tsp. oil. Add sliced small onion and curry leaves. Let the onions become brown. Add this to the fish curry.
- 9.Serve hot.
Serve this fish curry hot with steamed rice.
Key Ingredients: fish (mackerel), curd, onion, green chilli, curry leaves, coconut, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, A small piece of ginger, oil, onion, Curry leaves