Story ProgressBack to home
Chicken Schezwan Rice Recipe
How to make Chicken Schezwan Rice
About Chicken Schezwan Rice Recipe: Rice with chicken, prawns and an assortment of veggies.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Chicken Schezwan Rice
- 250 Gram Long-grain basmati rice
- 1 Carrot (washed and peeled), chopped
- 1/4 cup French beans (washed), finely chopped
- 1 medium Green capsicum (washed, de-seeded), finely chopped
- 3 Spring onions (washed), chopped
- 1 cup Chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup Shrimps (cooked), small
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Celery (washed, ends trimmed), chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 3-5 drops Oil
- 1 Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Tinned mushrooms-washed, drained and chopped or fresh mushrooms-washed and chopped (optional)
How to Make Chicken Schezwan RiceHideShow Media
Put a tsp of oil in a vessel. Fry the onion till transparent.
Add carrots, beans, capsicum, celery, spring onion and mushrooms, if desired.
Cook for a few minutes until they begin to turn brown. Transfer to another vessel.
Now, fry the chicken and prawns.
Pour a little oil in the vessel. Add chopped garlic.
When it turns brown, remove it and keep aside.
Once the oil is flavoured with garlic, put the rice in the same vessel of oil. Fry it for 5 minutes.
Add all the vegetables, chicken and prawns.
Cook the rice in the chicken stock.
When the rice is cooked, add all the sauces.
Increase heat and fry for 5 minutes. Stir and serve hot.