Chicken Schezwan Style Recipe
How To Make Chicken Schezwan Style
About Chicken Schezwan Style Recipe: Chicken cooked in aromatic flavors of the orient with peppers and bamboo shoots.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Chicken Schezwan Style
- 250 gms boneless chicken (cut into 1/2" cubes)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic (ground), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger (ground), finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 3-4 Whole red peppers
- 3/4 cup onions , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- Some greens for garnish (like finely chopped spring onion leaves)
How to Make Chicken Schezwan StyleHideShow Media
Mix chicken with the ground paste and vinegar.
Keep aside for at least 1/2 an hour.
Heat the oil in a wok and add the whole red peppers and saute over high heat till they darken a bit.
Add the onions and stir-fry over high heat till glossy.
Lift off the onions and peppers and keep aside.
Add the chicken and stir-fry over high heat, till opaque.
Lower the heat and cook till tender. Add the onion mixture and bamboo shoots and mix.
Add the soya sauce, chilli sauce and salt and mix well over high heat.
Serve hot garnished with the greens.