How to make Coconut Lime Quinoa Salad
About Coconut Lime Quinoa Salad Recipe: Healthy, filling, flavourful and simply delicious salad to prepare at home. Coconut lime quinoa salad is an easy and quick recipe, packed with the goodness of super grain quinoa along with coconut and a tang of lime. Give your salad a healthy and delicious twist with this recipe that is as simple as it can get. Perfect mid day meal in summers.
Ingredients of Coconut Lime Quinoa Salad
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 3 cups cucumber (diced)
- 1 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup avocado (ripened and diced)
- 4 segments orange
- 2 cups shelled edamame (defrosted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- Few shakes of black pepper
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How to Make Coconut Lime Quinoa Salad
- 1.Boil the quinoa in water according to package directions. This should take about 12-15 minutes, and all water should be absorbed. Remove it from the heat, fluff with a fork and allow it to cool.
- 2.Whisk together the dressing in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3.Prepare all remaining ingredients as indicated above and toss them together in a very large bowl. When the quinoa has cooled, add it to the mixture, along with the dressing. Stir well to coat.
- 4.While this salad can be enjoyed right away if you like, for best results, let it sit for at least 30 minutes – or overnight if you can.
- 5.The quantity of dressing used is fairly small relative to the size of the salad because the lime, fresh herbs, orange segments and avocado do an amazing job at creating flavor and moisture.
Key Ingredients: uncooked quinoa, water, red onion, cucumber (diced), purple cabbage, avocado (ripened and diced), orange, shelled edamame (defrosted), unsweetened toasted coconut flakes, almonds, Few shakes of black pepper, For the dressing:, orange juice, lime (juiced), apple cider vinegar, olive oil