How to make Sweet potato and Quinoa
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
An easy, one pot meal with sweet potato, coconut nuts and quinoa for when you are too lazy to cook. Great for those looking out for a healthy bite without hassle.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Quinoa Bowl
- 1 Cup sweet potato cubes (cooked), peeled
- 1 cup coconut (unsweetened), shredded
- 1 to taste onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1 tbsp raisins /Cranberries
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- As per taste salt
How to Make Sweet Potato and Quinoa Bowl
- 1.Heat the oil in the kadhai.
- 2.Add bay leaves and onion and fry till onion is translucent.
- 3.Add pepper, cayenne, cooked sweet potato and coconut.
- 4.Fry well till nice aroma comes out of coconut.
- 5.Add raisins/cranberries, cashew nut and fry till cashews are brown in color.
- 6.Mix well and fry for another 5 minutes.
- 7.Mix in cooked quinoa and mix well.
- 8.Leave it on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- 9.Switch off and enjoy.
If you like you can add some spice to your sweet potatoes. Toss them with chili powder or a combination of cumin and coriander before you fry them.
Key Ingredients: sweet potato cubes (cooked), coconut (unsweetened), onion, quinoa (cooked), raisins /Cranberries, cashew nuts, pepper powder, cayenne, bay leaf, salt