How to make Fried Fish (Karimeen)
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Karimeen fish marinated in an assortment of masalas, fried in coconut oil and tempered with curry leaves.
Ingredients of Fried Fish (Karimeen)
- 1 Kg karimeen fish (pearlspot)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp sliced ginger
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
How to Make Fried Fish (Karimeen)
- 1.Make incisions on both sides of the fish and set aside.
- 2.For the masala, in a mortar crush ginger and garlic. Add salt, pepper, vinegar, turmeric and chilli powder. Mix it all together.
- 3.Marinade the fish with the above masala and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- 4.Heat 4 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan. On a low flame cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 5.Finally add some curry leaves to the fish and leave it to fry until the fish is tender.
- 6.To Serve: Serve the fried Karimeen fish with a wedge of lime and green chilli.
karimeen fish (pearlspot), garlic cloves, Salt